Probing Z in the wrong direction

You should just be able to swap m3 and m0 at the controller instead of taking it all apart.

How do I put a picture on this reply? I found wires diffrent from Z motor to the extion i got from OF red and black are switched opposite from the Z motor but when switched makes a grinding g sound and doesnā€™t change directions

Eddie, did you resolve this - after installing drag chains Iā€™ve now got the same problem.

Yes. I changed the z cable back to the original one. The extension one they sent was wired wrong . The red and I think the black were reversed. I took l the links off the drag chain and pushed in the curled upscale in the drag chain and replaced the little black snap covers one at a time. Z price works good now but havenā€™t tried the XYX yet.

Brilliant, thanks. Iā€™ve used that odd 4 wire lead that doesnā€™t seem to have a purpose. Iā€™ll snip the red and black and swap them over. Thanks :+1:

I tried cutting the wires an splicing the back in the proper order but it still didnā€™t work so I just switched back to the original curled up cable and pushed it into the drag chain, snapped the little snaps back over the cable and now it works.

I may have to do the same :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hello Eddie, I hope you solved your problem if not and you running grbl, what you got to do is correct the parameter $3 invert mask play with those numbers into you get the right one, hope you understand what I mean my ingles is not good enough