Programming with G02/G03

My program seems to stop at a specific line in my G-code.
After I get an error and acknowledge, it seems like the controller does not follow the code lines anymore during the XYZ movements. Now, my carve freezes at a specific line but can’t find where it is specifically due to issue mentioned above- although I do suspect its when a G02/G03 command comes up that is suddenly freezes. Does a Buildbotic controller (Onefinity box) understand G02/G03 commands? Or does it have to be changed in my post-processor/ controller to be split into lines rather than arcs?

Running BobCAD-CAM software with a ‘standard’ GRBL post-processor that MAY need editing down the road :slight_smile:

The Onefinity controller will work with G2 and G3 commands, what is the specific error message you are receiving?

In the controller fly out menu there is a link for “cheat sheet” which will show you the specific G and M codes that are supported.

1 Like

Error: Expected word or assignment, found Number ‘.0644’
At: /upload/spoilboardgrid.ngc:4437:18

It seems to clear the error, keeps going for about 30 seconds and then stops at some random line.

Can you upload the file?

the controller does not support true arcs, they are converted to lines. This is a post processor issue (and there is not one for bobcam.)

1 Like

Would I be required to generate the code as lines rather than arcs? I can modify my post-processor

There are two different but related answers here. G2/G3 is supported however when the controller executes those commands it will convert the arc into a series of lines.

See more here:

2 Likes

The controller will accept arcs in the file you’re uploading, however it will convert them to line segments during the processing. So no, you should be able to keep the G2/G3 commands in your code and let the controller handle the conversion.

That said, you will need to modify the post-processor as one isn’t available yet for bobcam. It’s possible to figure it out, I modified a post-processor for a DIY machine as well as some minor tweaks to the F360 and VCarve processors for my 1F… a lot of it was removing code that referenced features I didn’t have or modifying tool change code.

Upload the GCODE so we can see it.

Cheers
Giancarlo

Hi Giancarlo,

I believe the problem with my post-processors as noted above by a Onefinity member was the use of ‘true arcs’ suck as codes G17, G18, G19 which are unsupported with the Onefinity controller. I’ll look into modifying the post tonight and adding a snippet of it here as well. Thanks all for the support :smiley:

G17,G18 and G19 are supported, G17 is the default if none is specified and typically the most common.