Recut same path with adjustments

Is there a simple easy way to rerun a path but make an 1/8" deeper cut? I just need the Z to be ~1/8th deeper? I haven’t moved the workpiece. This was my first attempt using fusion360 to cut a path. I recently purchased a router lift and so I was trying to cut out the space for the router lift to fit into the router table. I need the router lift to be flat/flush with the tabletop but my path didn’t cut it deep enough to be flush. Any thoughts or ideas?

Tap the gear icon next to the Z axis and set the Z axis position .125" deeper than its current position then re-run the file.

1 Like

I just ran into this issue and thought I would expand on the subject. I was working on some cutting boards and had removed the stock when I noticed it was not cut through completely on one side.

I put the. piece back on the the spoil board and re-homed XYZ and located in the gcode the area that needed recutting. I moved the Z up out of the way and ran a G0 X897.032 Y 143.849 and ran the Z down to 0. It was off a bit by 0.1 so I ran Z back up and G0 X0; G91; G1 X.1; G92 X0; G0 X879.032 and it looked to be spot on.

I moved the Z down to 1mm and went up the Y to another location and the X was way off, about 4mm. Then it dawned on me, although I placed the stock in the same approximate position and calibrated XYZ, the stock was actually skewed which resulted in the X misalignment.

The moral of the story is “Place the stack in the exact position it was previously in order to recut”.

So, I am going to set the stock in the approximate position and move the probe to just touching the stock, then jog the X to the other end and ensure the stock is aligned on both sides to the same X value that results in touching the stock.

Actually, I will anchor the left side and slightly pull down the right side then using the probe let the machine align the stock as it jogs to the right and then anchor the right side.

In theory, this should result in a true tracking on the recut.