Restarting during program or M1S3 command (SOLVED)

Hey Everyone,

My X-50 Woodworker has been sitting for about 2 months, this past weekend I got it all cleaned up and oiled and ready to run. I did an upgrade to the most recent firmware and was happy with how everything looked. I decided to run a little job i had saved and then started having an issue

I loaded the program, probed and and was ready to run. I am using an IOT relay for router/vac auto start with the breakout board.

The second I pressed start the controller/monitor went black and restarted itself. It restarts fine and asks to home.

I attempted to do an M3S1 command, same thing, Black screen, then restarted. I unplugged the router/vac from the relay completely and attempted to do another M3S1, restarted again.

I did notice I had to reselect the tool configuration after the firmware update, I selected router(makita)

Is there something else that I am missing? I can manually jog xyz with no issues. I suspect the firmware update may have changed my configurations, being a 1.5 years ago now Im not completely refreshed on what my previous settings were.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, Im at work today and hope to go home tonight and troubleshoot a little more.

Thanks for taking the time to read

Hey Ben,

the command to start the spindle is M3, not M1, but anyway, there seems something wrong with your Controller or circuits.

What firmware are you running now, and which previously?

Apologies, that was a typo. I will verify that tonight, I did the update yesterday to the latest version

To 1.2.1? Well if you read the 1.2.1 thread, I would by no means call it a stable version. Last version that was really stable and that many people still run is 1.0.9.

1 Like

Oh wonderful… Thank you for that information. I will read through the link and see what can be done

1 Like

I was able to resolve the issue last night. Which wasn’t an issue before.

The controller power was on the same (normally on) relay, as the router/vac. I put it on its own plug and the issue resolved. No issues with the firmware that I noticed since moving the controller power.

Thank you, Aiph5u

2 Likes