Rotary Axis Set-Up

Hello…I’m looking for advice on how to connect a rotary axis to the Masso g3 Touch. I am currently designing my table for an Elite Foreman and want to incorporate a rotary axis option into my table design….thanks, Norm

Specifically:

Do I need a separate or dedicated driver or is it built into the G3?
Schematics?
Photos?
Any advice at all….

Hey Norm,

there are a number of posts that describe what you want to know. We have a search function in this forum, you can easily find the posts that deal with rotary on Masso.

If you buy a rotary module with a bipolar stepper without integrated stepper driver, you will have to also buy a stepper driver in order to be able to run it on the MASSO controller.

Thanks …I have been searching but will experiment with different key words. I found one guys YouTube video and he used a dedicated driver that he wired in…a little perplexed because I thought the G3 Touch had an “A” axis driver built in….but, perhaps I’m just confusing items…

Most controllers like those from Masso - G3 and Touch - produce the axes signals needed (STEP/DIR) , but require you to provide the driver of choice and power source needed to control the stepper motor or servo’s motion.

1 Like

In this thread you will find the answer to all your questions:

1 Like