Screw sizes etc

Is there a schematic of some kind explaining all the screw holes and screw sizes on the Journeyman X50? I would like to add a few items to my machine (Boom arm, pencil holder, etc.) and can’t find anything with the sizes and threads of all the available empty screw holes on the machine.

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,

we have a search function in this forum.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link and snide comment. I did a search before I asked, but obviously not for the right words. Next time I’ll ask you first.

3 Likes

Hey Chris,

it was not meant this way.

In fact you were correct with your search term, most screws on the Onefinity are screws and not bolts, so it’s Onefinity’s fault.

The Machinery’s Handbook describes the distinction between bolts and screws as follows:

A bolt is an externally threaded fastener designed for insertion through holes in assembled parts, and is normally intended to be tightened or released by torquing a nut. A screw is an externally threaded fastener capable of being inserted into holes in assembled parts, of mating with a preformed internal thread or forming its own thread, and of being tightened or released by torquing the head. An externally threaded fastener which is prevented from being turned during assembly and which can be tightened or released only by torquing a nut is a bolt. (Example: round head bolts, track bolts, plow bolts.) An externally threaded fastener that has thread form which prohibits assembly with a nut having a straight thread of multiple pitch length is a screw. (Example: wood screws, tapping screws.)[59]

This distinction is consistent with ASME B18.2.1 and some dictionary definitions for screw [60][61] and bolt.[62][63][64]

Old USS and SAE standards defined cap screws as fasteners with shanks that were threaded to the head and bolts as fasteners with shanks that were partially unthreaded.[65] The federal government of the United States made an effort to formalize the difference between a bolt and a screw, because different tariffs apply to each.[66]

– Source: Screw → Differentiation between bolt and screw – Wikipedia

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I hate reading and not talking. You have my apologies for the misunderstanding and snide response on my end. Thanks for the help. My daughter keeps affirming that I am becoming a grumpy old man :{

1 Like