Skip the GX12-6P connector and go direct?

Hey Alan,

in my existing table, I don’t show the Masso spindle port pins S2 and S3 because they are not used for connection of the VFD (they are the TTL outputs). Even if S2 is in use by the system for another purpose, it has nothing to do with the connection to the VFD.

I already show both the CW and CCW pins.

Regarding using G5 ground instead of G3 ground on Masso, I don’t think that someone should put their hand on wiring the internal Masso themselves without having read the Masso Documentation, where it is explained that there are ground pins spread around the entire controller. I would make the table ugly if I listed all ground ports the Masso provides,
but you are right, the G5 ground is nearer to the spindle port so would make more sense.

EDIT: I replaced “G3” by “G1 or G2 or G3 or G4 or G5” in my existing table. This is the most correct information now.

I still need to make a table that only contains the first and the last column that you demanded, for direct connection. But this image shows what the first column and the last column mean in my existing table:

1 Like