Specs on Journeyman Pro

I am trying to find the weight of the complete Journeyman Pro 48x32, and also the weight of just the X rail, could someone direct me on how I can find out, thanks.

Curious, did you ever find an answer to your question? I have been looking for the weight on the same.

Hey Kenny @stone329, hey Scott @tahoe1840,

this question was already answered. We have a search function in this forum. Note that with the introduction of the PRO variant of Journeyman, weight slightly increased because of stronger stepper motor and the drag chain, and the heavier Z-20 assembly

The long package is the Journeyman X axis.

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, I got an answer- The Journeyman Pro X-Rail weight is 60 lbs. , the weight of the Stiffy Rail is 30 lbs., they ship in seperate boxes.

The weights are great but one still has to estimate how much all the boxes and packing materials weigh. Also the shipping company rounds up for the weight of each package that can equate to a half kilo or more. Not sure why 1F does not post the assembled weight. Maybe its not important to them, which I get. Shipping weights posted get one into the ballpark. So, Thanks.

Hey Scott,

I weighed the packages very exactly in my posting mentioned above. And yes, the weights given by Onefinity are not exact, but my weights of the packages are quite exact. Sorry if this does not satisfy you. If you consider how heavy the X, Y and Z axes are, then I think the weight of the cardboard boxes is very neglectable. And I gave you a list of the additional accessories above that were in the two Y packages in this posting of mine. I think I would be able to plan whatever you plan with these weights. Or do I miss something?

I was able to put each of the packages vertically on a balance for persons. What kind of balance do you expect the manufacturer to have to weigh an assembled machine, which is not transportable? A truck balance would maybe not be precise enough, and how would you transport to machine to it?

1 Like

Aiph, thanks for your help on this. Its really not that big of a deal but my goal with a Journeyman Elite is to mount it on a table that would be hoisted to the ceiling of my small shop when not in use. I am not considering transporting it if I understand your post. 1F recently gave me a weight if 200 KG, your weights (which I appreciate) are around 100 KG. Quite a spread. A better ballpark weight assists in specifying the right hoist and cabling. Also, construction specs for engineering blocking etc to strengthen the ceiling structure.

1 Like

Hey Scott,

I had exactly hoisting the machine to the ceiling in mind when I read your post and when I said the exact weights I gave you would be fine for whatever you want to do. You would never select a winch that is rated with the exact weight of the Onefinity machine, I think. You would always add at least 50% weight as reserve (at least, better much more).

1 Like

Thanks Aiph, we’re on the same page. The difference in weight between yours and 1F was quite a bit but I have a better grasp now. Lots of options out there for hoisting devices.

1 Like