Spindles - Lingering Questions

Hey Jim,

I just realize that it can be understood in two different ways. The one is obvious: In the country or region where I live. I was not sure if there are spindle manufacturers in the USA, I know they’re good at machinery too, but the link posted by Bob (CNC Depot, spindles made in Tennessee) made me think: Lucky Jim, a spindle manufacturer in the USA, good to know (for him).

But you may understand it also in a different way: USA and Germany, western democracies (and close friend nations) with worker’s rights, labour unions, very old traditions of machinery, etc. versus authoritarian regime, no humans rights, millions of people emprisoned in Arbeitslagern who - who knows -, may have worked on the cheap items you buy, no warranty, no service, no easily understandable manual.

With “machine with a global customer base” do you mean the Onefinity CNC? Well if that was true. It’s clear that they target only to the USA. Otherwise they would not ignore 95% of the world population by giving any measurements and specifications exclusively in US customary units.

1 Like