Starting on a line of code of your choosing

Hello all you fine cnc’ers. i am using vetrics v carve pro. is there a way to start carving on a particular line of code? i carved a project and everything was going fine till i had to change a tool for a longer one and the router did not come up high enough to fit the bit into the router. so, i had to stop the carve raise the router and change the bit. fortunately, it was the final tool path for cutting out the item I moved the onefinity back to the x&y zero and ran back in the house to save that last toolpath as a single file and ran it that way after probing and it all worked out but why does the file not raise up high enough to change it when the software actually knows you have to change the darned bit? and i could not find a way to start the file again at the line of g code I needed to. can it be done?

In Vcarve, you have to set the “Z Gap above Material” in Material Setup in the Toolpath window.

Remember that the router is just reading code and will not determine that bits are to be changed and then add code to raise the bit.

To start at a particular line of code, you would have to open the file in an editor and remove the lines that you know longer require. Note though that there is some “header” information at the top of the file that should not be removed.

1 Like

thank you for your time that was very helpful