Starting point for v-carve

Greetings-

I have a logo file set with origin at the center of the board and as the tool path is generated (Vectric softare), it runs centered on the board… However, as I run it on the Onefinity, it starts carving from the front left corner where I zero’d with the touch probe… Your wisdom is appreciated

Merry Easter… He is alive…
Cheers, Mike
Midway Sawdust, Kentucky

Hey Michael,

the workiece zero on the 3D model and the workpiece zero that you set by probing in reality on your machine must match, i.e they must designate the same point in 3D space related to your workpiece. If you use the three-axis touch probe on left corner, you set the workpiece zero to the top front left corner on the workpiece. Therefore, on your 3D model, the workpiece zero must be on top front left corner too.

It would also go the other way around, i.e. having the workpiece zero at the center and probing it on the workpiece center, but in this case you would not be able use the three-axis touch probe for X and Y. Instead you would mark the center of the workpiece with a ruler and a pen and position the bit exactly on top of it, and then press the “zero” icon for X and Y (=manually setting zero for X and Y). You can still use the touch probe to probe Z then, by lifting the Z and positioning the touch probe there, but in this case you would use it upside down since the ridges would be in the way.

See also

Support videos:

Accessories

1 Like

Bravo… many thanks for the input. Knew it was something real basic…