Material position

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? I home my machine and set XYZ with minor problems. But when I load file and start cut it starts cut from home position.

1 Like

Hey Lee,

how exactly do you set XYZ?

1 Like

I use the touch probe place it on the material and probe.

Hey Lee

Home your XYZ axes, they should show on the controller as X0 Y0 Z0.

Then jog the machine to the front LH corner of your piece of material or centre whenever you set the datum point in the software. If you set at centre of material, then just probe Z. Once you have done that set your X&Y axes on the controller to 0. Leave the Z at whatever it says.

If you set your datum point at front LH corner of material then just probe XYZ not forgetting to make sure that X&Y are reading 0 on controller.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers … Dave

1 Like

Hey Lee,

Do you use the Elite/Masso Controller or the Buildbotics-derived Onefinity Controller?

Does your probing procedure end without error? In this case you will notice that there appeared values in the “offsets” column instead of just zeros. Can you confirm this? Could you show us an image of the screen after probing?

If you use the Masso/Elite controller with the Onefinity Touch Probe, be sure that probing is set to probe for the outside corner. Be sure not to have inside corner selected.

EDIT: I just see that according to chosen category, you use the Original Series Controller, not Elite.

Hey Lee,

which problems did you encounter?

Just in case:

See also

Support videos:

Accessories

1 Like

I did everything you said and I’m getting the same result. My cut position is center but machine moves right then starts

I am probing to the inside corner, I will make that change and see if it fixes my issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Lee

What software are you using? Can you post a pic of your setup screen as it may indicate what the issue is?

Cheers … Dave