Table size to make for 32”x32”

I was wonder what would the perfect table size to make for my 32” x 32” wood worker I ordered this week. I also want the contrôler box on top of the table. Thanks

The perfect table size is up for debate :slight_smile: There are many threads here where you’ll find similar varying approaches and answers

For the machine footprint 48x48 is about the smallest you want to make, it can be smaller but then you’ll have the stepper motors extending beyond the table surface. Since you want to put the controller on top of the table as well you would add 8 inches in the X direction for a table 56 inches wide and 48 inches deep.

1 Like

Thanks for your help !! Can’t wait to get it !!
I’m in prep mode now cleaning up corner of my shop to fit it.
Thanks again.

If you are up against a wall or two you may also want to go bigger. Mine is in a corner and I originally made mine 54x48 which gave me room for the controller but not room for the 2.5" vacuum hose at the back, so I added 6". Ya, I could have moved the table out from the wall but I am considering making a top cabinet for noise reduction and it needed table to sit on.

I agree with @WaywardWoodworker and @Atroz. One further comment – if I could do it again, I would give room to walk around the entire machine - chips and dust gets everywhere even with dust collection. Easy access to the back of the machine would be helpful. Further, I could slide material through the machine when I need to cut something longer than 32".

(my table is ~50x48 – I could use another 2-4" in the width to have the controller fit comfortably on the top, but it fits tightly now).

-Tom

I used the Kreg 44" table on casters so I can pull the table out to work around it if I need to. Definitely need some way of getting access to all sides. This would also let me work on long material but would put the CNC out in a pathway.