The M3 S10 XY problem

Hi. I’ve watched all the 1F laser videos for setup. My laser works and is operational, but… the M3 S10 command to set the XY used in the video does not work. I saw the comment to NOT home the machine, so I’ve tried that too, still doesn’t work. On a fresh restarted, cancel homing, the m3 s10 will fire the laser for half a second and then become unresponsive to the command. rinse repeat.

This is super frustrating because I have a precision operation I need to do and the only thing I think I can try is fire it full blast the laser to mark a spot and then use calipers to measure an offset for use in Vcarve. Still not precise enough.

This has apparently been a known issue for 7 months. Is there an ETA for the fix? Are there other work arounds for me to try?

I’m running v1.07 release firmware.

Does the laser stay on when you M3 S10 as long as you don’t move it? Also the gamepad controller works really good for this. You can power on the controller, I don’t home, then M3 S10 and use the gamepad controller to move X,Y, and Z to my starting position and then zero X, Y, and Z and the laser never turns off while moving that way. Then M5 to turn off the laser after I zero. The fix isn’t there that I know of when jogging by the touchscreen with the laser on.

Hobbes443. I had the same issue with my laser intermittent firing / unable to be commanded on.

Mine started out only firing at M03 S25. Then I had to fire at S100. Then nothing. At S255(max power) I got 3.3 volts to the driver but no out put to the laser.

The driver turned out to be bad. After talking to jtech they sent me a new one.

I would reach out to them to see if they can assist you.

I would just message them on face book or their customers support.

2 Likes

Try m3 s15, then m3 s20, then s25, etc until it fires… Not all lasers will fire at s10…some need a bit more power.

1 Like

Thank you! Mine started working at s20.

I think this topic would be worth a pinned comment on your Lightburn video, explaining the command and that some lasers might need some trial & error to get correct. That video was my first introduction into laser usage, even though I decided to go with vcarve instead of lightburn.