Thumb drive question

i save my projects on a thumb drive using vcave pro I took the drive out to the shop plugged it in and it worked fine but i wanted to make a change so i brought the drive back to the computer and told it to open an existing file. Nothing! it could not find the file I had just run,not on the thumb drive. I took the thumb drive back out to the shop and yep there it was on the thumb drive… back to the computer and nope it could not find the file what gives?

ok more info i found the file on my thumb drive but when i click on it it says "Error import failed unsupported file type v1_0.ngc.
there are several files i have used in the past on this thumb drive and i cannot open any of them now. this is weird.

I don’t think you can load a .ngc file back in to Vcarve. That’s the output for the CNC only. It’s just a text file full of g-code commands. If you want to edit it you need to edit the Vcarve file (likely stored on the computer drive). The reason you are likely not seeing it on the thumb drive is because Vcarve knows it is not a file type it reads.

1 Like

that make sense thank you looks like i did not save the actual file only the tool paths. DUH my bad