Touch screen issue

Hello all. I assembled my X50 Woodworker today and have some issues with the touch screen monitor. The curser is all over the place and does not respond to my touch on the screen. Are there any setup procedures for the monitor?

Hey Jim,

the answer is in Onefinity Owner’s Manual, page 38 and 39.

Be sure to have all three(!) cables connected correctly. The USB cable for the Touch device has of course to be a fully populated USB cable. A charger/power supply USB cable will not work.

The in-detail explanation why you need three cables is here.

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

I read through that section and it does not address the issue i am having. The pointer stays 1/2 inch below my finger making the selection process on the screen impossible. Is there a calibration for this?

Hey Jim,

do you have the right screen resolution? By default, the Onefinity Controller receives this information from the touch monitor at boot and does an automatic resolution selection. For this, the monitor must be switched on before the Onefinity Controller. Did you ensure the monitor was already powered on when you power on the Onefinity controller?

If issue persists, do you have a USB mouse? If you connect it (before booting) does the pointer disappear when moved across the display’s border, or does the mouse work correctly and the pointer stops at the border?

1 Like

I connected the mouse and it works ok. Now i think i need to change the resolution. Any thoughts on where i can change that?

Hey Jim,

which firmware are you using?

As explained above, as long you’re not using 1.1.1 firmware, your Onefinity Controller will request and receive the correct resolution from the monitor at boot, but ONLY if you made sure that you switched the monitor on a few seconds BEFORE powering on the Onefinity Controller. Did you do this?

1 Like

I am using v1.0.9. I can use the mouse but the view is half screen.

1 Like

what do you mean with “half screen”? Do you mean you have to scroll to see the entire page?

The screen is a bit scrunched up making it hard to see

Hey Jim,

Sorry, but I don’t know what you mean. I would help you but you did not answer my last two questions.

Thats ok, thank you for trying. I dont think this monitor is going to work anyway. I will be returning it.

You’ve missed this part of the faq:
Screen Aspect Ratio/Resolution/touch calibration
To get the right video size/calibration, ALWAYS turn the screen on BEFORE turning on the controller. The controller reads the screen (if it’s on) to know what size it should adjust to before displaying video. If the screen is turned on after the controller, you may have black bars on top and bottom of the screen and the ‘touch’ input will be off by a few mms.

Returns are 20% restocking fee plus return shipping.

2 Likes

So the monitor needs to be plugged into a wall outlet, not the controller, correct.

2 Likes

Exactly like the FAQ says.

2 Likes