Trying to down load upgrade 1.0.9

I am trying to do the firmware 1.0.9 upgrade to a USB drive. I can see the file om the thumbdrive while plugged in my Windows computer. When I plug the USB drive in the controller I cannot see the upgrade file.

Hey stradibarrius,

this may be caused by exFAT Filesystem nowadays found on practically every USB drive bigger than 32 GB. Because of the age of the underlying Operating System in the Onefinity Controller, support for exFAT may not be available (it would have to be installed by a package). If your flash drive is not recognized by Onefinity Controller, you have to reformat the flash drive using NTFS or FAT32 instead.

exFat would be supported natively with Linux kernel 5.4 but I have no idea if or when Onefinity will switch to a newer version of the underlying OS.

1 Like

Make sure that the USB Drive is 2.0 not 3.0. Onefinity controller only accepts USB 2.0. Good Luck

Hey Paul,

this is still often claimed, but it is not true. USB 3.0 flash drives work perfectly on the Onefinity Controller, because every USB 3.0 device is downwards compatible by design.

What might not be supported because of the age of the underlying Operating System in the Onefinity Controller, is exFAT Filesystem found on practically every USB drive bigger than 32 GB nowadays. If your flash drive is not recognized by Onefinity Controller, you have to reformat the flash drive using NTFS or FAT32 instead. :slight_smile:

1 Like