Unable to probe Z after tool change

Hi all, I just finished upgrading my WW to Elite. I was running a file from VCarve with the Masso Inch set as the controller. I made a file with two bits and saved it as a single file.

I set x & y manually and used the touch probe to set Z. Once I started the file, it ran fine and completed with the first tool and properly shut off the router and notified me to change the bit. However, after changing the bit, I tried to use the touch probe to set Z again and nothing happened when I hit the ‘probe’ button. I could move x, y & z, but not probe, no error, the button just didn’t do anything. I then zero’d Z manually and started the cycle, it went to the workpiece home, then drove straight down without ever starting the router.

Did I miss a step, either in Vectric or the setup? I have my bits numbered and there was no problem on that side that I can see.

Here is the bit change gcode, it stops the router (M05), prompts for a tool change (M06) and restarts (M03)
N6372 M05
N6373 (41 - Tapered Ball Nose {22.5°, Tip 0.0625 - 1/4"})
N6374 T41 M06
N6375 S16000 M03

Thanks everyone.

You need a tool setter, or save them as seperate files, or configure the tool setter logic and use your probe as one

1 Like