Upgrade Makita Router Plug With Coil Cord

Hi,
I’ve tried looking at their website and the search does not return any such part number. Did anybody ever get this cable?

I ordered one in July. It works great.

I agree that it doesn’t appear on their website anymore.

I searched also and did not find it by the part number.

I emailed them asking for a price and included the part number that Grant posted.

I’ll let everyone know what I get back from them. Since they are closed for the weekend I don’t expect an answer until sometime Monday at the earliest.

1 Like

Well I’ve emailed twice asking about this cord but no response so far.

But, going back to their site today and searching for the cable by the part number (C18080872) given above it now does show as available for $29.90 plus $16 FedEX shipping.

2 Likes

Is this PN# C18080872, Long enough for they journeyman?

1 Like

Just got mine ( for a woodworker), here’s the specs. 9" blunt cut end ( goes to your trimmer ), 1’ retracted, 5’ extended coil and then 10’ of cord to a blunt end to which you attach your plug. From these numbers, I think the cord will not only fit the Journeyman but the new 48" x 48" model ( whenever that comes out ).BTW, I too couldn’t find that cord on their website but a quick phone call ( 800-701-1097 ) was able to order the part no problem. Was told it would be back up on their site soon but I haven’t been back to check myself. Price was $33.50 plus $20.99 shipping by USPS priority mail. Note to Cdn readers, that’s US dollars eh?

Reviving the old thread here.
For anyone interested in DIY the coiled cord. It’s not that complicated and cost effective + custom length as you really need it. I bought this cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CGHF2BSD?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
and coiled it up per those instructions: DIY perfectly coiled cable guide
and the end product is here:

Just heat the cord long enough, in my case at least 5min on high setting on the heating gun, 1 inch away from the cord, all around.
I knew this could be done, as I coiled optic cables for my underwater flashes before :slight_smile:

1 Like