Venting over CNC not Working

yes sir. I’ll be out of pocket this weekend until after 6;30PM each day. I so appreciate any help I get John. My monitor from OF will arrive tomorrow before &PM and I plan on hooking it up to see what happens. I will surely let everyone know the results>

I did a quick test and here’s what I found:

1. USBc to Ethernet cable to controller works just fine. When I plugged it in, I got both a green and orange light at the Ethernet port on the controller.
  2. I noticed on my controller display, I now showed both the wireless IP address and the new Ethernet IP of 169.254.59.239.
  3. I tried ping’ing this address from the connected laptop and it responded.
  4. Now, when I do a arp -a, it shows the controller’s IP address and MAC.

i just dont understand, thats how its supposed to work but it does not on mine. im going nuts

Start at the physical layer. Did you get a green and orange link light when you plug the cable into the controller?

yes i have a green and orange light

Hey John, FWIW we walked through many of these steps with him over here:

1 Like

That’s good. It means you have physical connectivity between the laptop and the controller. I’m going to assume that every controller picks the same first address of 169.254.59.239. Do you know how, and have you tried, pinging that address from your laptop?

I have not pinged that specific address no

You know what I going to say next? :grinning: Please try pinging that address and see if you get a response…

Ok ill give it a whack

destination host unreachable

Sorry, I was sure that would work. I think you might be best to just wait, plug in your new monitor and see what IP address you see in the upper left of the screen after it boots. I doubt you have an OS issue, but something is going on that is not obvious.

I need to hit it for the day but I’d love to know how it turns out once you hook up the new monitor.

1 Like

absolutely. get some rest. I know I am. My brain is so fried. Thank you so much for your help.

“Destination host unreachable” indicates a different problem than you had earlier with a response of “Request timed out” - is your ethernet cable still plugged in?

1 Like

So a couple of the issues that you possibly could be having is the cable you’re using is bad, or the USB port in your HP computer is bad, or that the USB port that’s in your controller is not functioning so there is another way to see if it is the controllers USB port, or your port or cable is the culprit. You can try to connect to the controller through wifi. You don’t have to buy a router to do this what you could do is buy an inexpensive wifi extender and plug your ethernet cable into that and then link to the extender through your HP computer. Once you have internet service on your computer, there’s a video to show you how to link your computer through Wi-Fi to the controller. If it works that way then I would have Infinity send you a new controller and they will do that.

If you didn’t check the cable that you’re using you might want to do that first before doing anything else and that’s by buying another cable. Remember you can always take any of the stuff back to wherever you purchased it from once you’ve diagnosed your problem. Any more questions let me know I’m more than happy to help.

Matt

Get BlueMail for Android

1 Like

Hey Matt,

suggesting this video does not help since

1. the video shows how to configure the Onefinity Controller but Phillip has no monitor to connect to the Onefinity Controller and no access to the Controller
  2. the video shows WiFi access but Phillip connects remotely using an Ethernet cable
1 Like

Hey John @john21042, Matt @MattL, Dean @Dustoff00,
good afternoon Andy @AndyP :slight_smile:

as Derek @WaywardWoodworker already mentioned, the thread where Phillip requests assistance for Trying to connect controller to Laptop is there, and not here.

Thank you for helping him but I strongly suggest not to do this in two different threads. This would also make it easier for later readers having similar issues. This is the right one, please assist Phillip there:

1 Like

Closing topic as it’s a double post. A novice user/computer user should use a directly connected display via hdmi for simpler opperation.

1 Like