What is needed to wire up 2.2kw 220v Spindle and VFD?

Hey David,

The mounting plate is part of a usual control cabinet, as shown and explained here.

I don’t think so. The WJ200 Series Inverter Instruction Manual describes

• the required stranded wire sizes under 2-16 “Determining Wire and Fuse Sizes” on PDF page 61
  • the ring connectors to be crimped on the wires ends are described on page III / PDF page 4 (see also Assembling cables for VFD and spindle)
  • the screw sizes to be used on the terminals with their required torque on page XIV / PDF page 15.
  • How to wire power to the VFD is described on 2-18 / PDF page 63
  • How to wire the VFD to the spindle is described on 2-22 / PDF page 67
  • Power up test with the mandatory spindle/VFD settings including how to navigate inside the settings with the Keypad from pages 2-23 to 2-36 / PDF pages 68 to 81

Furthermore you find the

• Example Wiring diagram and description of all Control Logic Signal Terminals from under 4-5 from PDF page 208 on,
  • Using Intelligent Input Terminals under 4-12 from PDF page 215 on
  • Using Intelligent Output Terminals under 4-15 from PDF page 254 on

Of course some basic knowledge of an electrician is required, as explained before, e.g. how to strip a wire or how to crimp a wire end. It is a manual, not a howto for DIY. If you do this for the first time, you could try to search the web for acquiring basic knowledge.

Their purpose is described on page 2-4 / PDF page 49 (or in this other posting above).

Did you get the WJ200 VFD from Mechatron too? If so, then I assume they already made the mandatory settings to match the spindle.

Does the spindle cable from Mechatron already have the ring connectors crimped to it, at the end towards VFD? (I make my spindle cables myself, so I don’t know if they do this)