What's everyone doing while they wait?

I’m putting up French cleats in my never-ending search for organization.

You?

1 Like

I am trying to get all my equipment together and figure out where to put this thing. I had a great spot for it but the wife took it with her Boss Laser machine. I was thinking about suspending it from the ceiling in the garage and then lowering it down when I need to use it. If that doesn’t work then I will be taking advantage of the modular capabilities.

1 Like

Wishing my she shed was bigger… pitching stuff :joy:

1 Like

Sold my Xcarve, and the flip up table I had built for it. So I’m researching flip table designs and joints. I do not want to carve vertically but it is nice to be able to store it vertically if I’m working on some large furniture in the shop.

With that said I’m defiantly going with another torsion box for the base. The one I designed before was solid as a rock and flat as a die, at only 3.5" thick I stood on it and there was zero defection or bow.

2 Likes

I’m gathering information on bits, cad programs, watching YouTube videos and generally anything to keep from thinking how long it is until December! Sold some tools on Facebook marketplace that I no longer use to generate some cash but mostly to make some room in my shop. I’ve downloaded Fusion 360, Carbide Create, Inkscape, and a trial version of Vcarve to see what might work for me. Maybe by December I’ll be able to navigate through one of these but right now my head is spinning.
Oh, I’m also pulling together ideas for a table for the Onefinity!

4 Likes

Sounds like you are making good use of the time. Sad thing is that certain things just won’t click until it is in hand.

I’ve completely redesigned my office and create a nice custom workspace for my new CNC :slight_smile: Video coming “soon” :wink:

I’ve built a torsion box and a movable stand, loosely based on Ben Myers design for his shapeoko. I’m planning on adding some drawers at some point, but if the machine was here today at least I’ve got a spot for it.

8 Likes

I was thinking of doing a similar flip top. I like this design by
Dura Woodworks

4 Likes

Great table build, like that its contained… mobile and stores vertical. I think this might be a winner for my design as well.

Thanks again for sharing it!

Been wanting to start on a table for the machine, but end up getting work in for the mill. But did get to finally make a aluminum vacuum pod. Need to get back and work on them some-more but not enough time in the day.

Built a shed which others have already started to take over. Also been on the cad/cam merry-go-round and my head spinning too but have plumed for carveco as I like their tutorial videos.

8 Likes

Very nice job! Looks like all you need now is a little Sod, a fire pit, and a Disco Ball for good measure. Then you’ll be all set.

3 Likes

I’m stuck sitting on the couch. Recovering from shoulder replacement. lol. On the up side, I have lots of time to think about how and where in my little shop to put this machine when it arrives. lol. I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but, thankfully my machine wont ship until late October. That helps me to not do something stupid, like try to go play in my shop and mess up all the doctors hard work. lol.

2 Likes

Learning fusion 360 is what I am doing. Hate to see the thing sit idle once it comes.

1 Like

@KatI feel for you brother! I have had surgery on both shoulders for a torn rotator cuff and now they are both so arthritic I can barely get a coffee cup out of the top cabinets. With both of mine I lived in a recliner for 3 months. I hope you recover and don’t have any further issues.

2 Likes

@charleyntexas Thanks. Shoulder work always hurts. lol.

While waiting I have taken advantage of the discount for accessories. I ordered the Triquetra touch probe, and the J-Tech laser.

Still planning out how to set up my shop, and where this machine will go. lol.

I feel like we need to have a shoulder injury to order based on the number of folks I have seen post something. Had my left redone this spring too so the shipping date was not bad as I am just starting to return to full use.

2 Likes

Been busy melting ABS to my will! ~28hrs of total print time displayed.

@RowdyRoman Thanks for your advice on the other thread. I designed a power cord + double waterline clip that I can add to the hose itself to meet the need. Printed 4 of them so I think I’m ready once the aluminum comes in. (US Home Depots apparently do not stock it… at least near me.)

3 Likes

Weird that I’m slated for a Nov delivery but still feel like I’m pressed for time to get ready?

1 Like