What's everyone doing while they wait?

No kidding, there is so much to do:

• Build Table/Platform
  • Design 3-4 projects so I’ve got a full product backlog
  • Get down to Dallas to buy a bunch more exotic wood
  • Update my website to get ready for some items to be back in stock
  • Still have time to do the Honey Do’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • A bunch more things I’m spacing on now.
2 Likes

At least I have the work table up, just need to get the bandsaw off of it and make a slightly wider spoil board with dog holes and dovetail slots.

1 Like

@MindOfMcClure That’s a cool design! I am almost finished with a YouTube video showing off the accessory. Pretty pumped for this opportunity. My printers having been going non stop for two weeks!

2 Likes

Dallas huh, I’m in Denison, where are you?

1 Like

Hey Charlie,

I’m now up right next to Lake Texoma just north of Sadler but I used to live in Sachse. I bought one of you touch plates and have chatted with you before ~2.5 years ago. Kinda stinks I sold my X -Carve once I bought the OneFinity pre-order and threw in my touchplate not realizing I have to spend another $95 to buy a new one, sad thing is the guy that bought the X-Carve will never use it… :frowning: oh well

Glad to see you’re on the OneFinity journey, should be a great machine… so looking forward to getting mine.

Great hearing from you again,
Alex

Since I am putting this CNC in my basement instead of the garage, I built a 2’x4’ lumber cart that I can roll around the basement floor. Bins for small cutoffs, standing slots for taller boards, and the back can hold larger sheets.

3 Likes

On the hunt for a better garage layout, ditching junk and getting my dinosaur motorcycle running. I’ve been toying with lasers to improve efficiency and make them more usable vs building a full CO2 set-up. 3D printing bits too. A few odd design/consultant jobs here and there.

Working on my spindle setup. Before you ask, yes it is overkill. Have a lot of tidying up to do and mount the temperature displays, then test for leaks. The Onefinity controller will go in the big open space on the right.

2 Likes

@garrett1812 Willing to provide build details?

Sure, what do you want to know?

@garrett1812 I guess part/model numbers or purchase links… Also any custom setup needed in the vfd

Just missing one thing…
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mgjj24956hgblS2iXb2H9Fo8Kli7uYSJ/view

1 Like

Your link is locked. I have learned from other forums that use this SW that just uploading a photo is the most trouble free. You can just drag it into your posts.
Anyway, I could see it in my email and nice. I have Sooooo much to do before November and here we are almost in September.

Think its unlocked now. Its just my table and the cable boom. I did have to use a shower rod from lowes in the USA but it did fit prefect on the 3d print. hopefully its going to be strong enough. i used PETG (I hate ABS it stinks) 30% infill on the hose clamps i also added a extra top and bottom and shell around the clamps in hopes it dont snap :slight_smile: If anyone making one https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-60-in-to-Stainless-Steel-Fixed-Single-Straight-Shower-Rod/1000616647 is the one i used
P.S. i am not the one that figured out to use the shower rod. dont think im that smart plz just repeating info for others. but i did use it. cant rem where i found the info TBH.

3 Likes

For those of you who prefer Home Depot and Aluminum (which you can cut on the chop saw) here is the link where I purchased mine. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Alexandria-Moulding-1-in-x-1-in-x-96-in-Metal-Mira-Lustre-Round-Tube-Moulding-AT012-AM096C03/205576699

1 Like

Tinkering in the shop this morning, made a tramming setup. Scrap aluminum, a couple of 6mm pins. Ive had a couple of dial indicators that dont see any use, the analog one now has a new purpose

2 Likes

Ive got my table all ready to go. 49"x50". The top is two layers of 3/4" MDF. I bought the MDF sheets and the drawer hardware, but the rest was made from leftover scrap wood!
The controller will mount next to the VFD.

4 Likes

Where are you thinking of mounting the control box? I’m planning on underneath and wiring in another estop to mount up front.

This weekend I started my OneFinity Work Station as well, linked it here:

CNC platform / table / enclosure

Selling my x-carve… hopefully I can get rid of it by December. :roll_eyes: