What's everyone doing while they wait?

Today I wired up a cable for my spindle. After a lot of reading and advise I decided to pony up for some 16ga double shielded motor cable. I think still a good idea, as I may go with a bigger spindle someday when new mounts are available, but check out the wiring inside the spindle motor (Huanyang 800W)… tiny!

I was at least pleasantly surprised to see the ground already connected.

And now bummed to find out this cable is too large to fit in the RoudyRoman boom. :frowning:

1 Like

The boom cable support 3d models should be easy enough to adjust, resize, and 3d print to support the three items needed for a spindle (water in, water out, power?). Maybe reach out to @RowdyRoman?

@garrett1812 I got you brother! Can you give me a diameter of your cord and I can send you the knuckles and end piece to fit

Thanks! Sent you a PM.

Finally had the chance to post what I’ve been up to - check out my office renovation - specifically to make better use of the space for my 3d printers and my CNC (X-Carve to be replaced by Onefinity “soon”).

Hope you all enjoy it!

-Tom

3 Likes

I machined some 52mm spindle adapters for my DC spindle.

1 Like

I love seeing what ways people come up for watercooling for spindles. On a machine I did, I just reconfigured a PC cooling system, flashy lights and all that jazz. Looks kind of cool. @garrett1812 looks cool.

But on the other stuff, love the organisation some of you guys have done, I’m a throw it in the drawer kind of tool storage and a wood above my head on racks.

Just ordered my machine, out till January so I’m building a table. Question- can the controller be mounted in any position? Doesn’t HAVE to go on the top, does it? I would think access to the stop button would be the main concern. Tks

1 Like

There is no issues with the controller being mounted in different directions. To your point the only consideration to keep in mind is you do want access to the “Oh-Crap” button if it ever comes to that.

Hope that helps!
-Alex

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply.

1 Like

I’ve only ever used mine once (so far) and it does need to be readily accessible during those moments of shear panic :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Finishing this two year long boat project. With a rapidly approaching CNC delivery date, it really pushed me to finish.

6 Likes

Don’t drag that into shore the finish is to nice.

Thank you!

It is made to be used though. Since I built it, I know how to fix it.

1 Like