Which touch screen do you have?

Hello eveyone!

I have just purchased an X50 CNC without a touch screen. Your answers will help me choose a touch screen that is compatible with the controler. Thank you for your help!

this is the one i got from amazon I have had zero problems

1 Like

Hey Stéphane,

here a few useful links:

3 Likes

Thanks Robert, So with this model, you only have to connect the HDMI cable to the controller box?
Do you used this thing with you CNC IoT Power Relay? See the picture

1 Like

1 Like

I am not sure i understand your question. yes it conects via the hdmi cable and of course a power cable. I do not know what a IoT is.

You understood my question correctly. Of course the power cable must be plugged in. Do you need to plug in another cable in order to have touchscreen capability? The IoT relay starts and stops your router without your intervention during the execution of a job. Do you speak French, your name sounds French?

my grand parents were from Canada the name mainville is from a little town just north of paris there is also a mainvile pennsylvania lol. and no no other cable is needed i simply turm my router on but it is plugged into a relay with my vacuum to turn the vac on several seconds after the router. as for speaking frenchi grew up around it but i do not really speak it except for a few cusses and phrases

IoT stands for “internet of things”. It’s a class of devices that are connected to the internet so they can be controlled or accessed remotely. A Nest thermostat for instance is an IoT device.

1 Like

Hey Stéphane, hey all,

External IoT relay (FAQ)

Further Reading

1 Like

Thank you, I will consult them, because I had this module, with my Workbee 1010 Openbuils.

Hey Stéphane,

yes, the touch device is an input device (a HID) that you plug into a USB port on Onefinity controller.

Hey Stéphane,

if you switch the touch monitor and the controller on at the same time with a power strip, the problem will be that the Onefinity controller may not have been able to auto-detect the correct resolution, since this is only possible after the touch monitor is ready to provide this information, and fall back to (wrong) VGA resolution. In this case a possible solution is to hard-code your native screen resolution into the Onefinity Controller. This is described when you follow the link at the end of this quoting:

Should you have a Rev. 5 Onefinity Controller with the pushbutton power switch, switching the Controller on with a power strip will not work out of the box. In this case there is this solution here:

1 Like

I second the ASUS VT229H. I have it on an $40 arm from Amazon.
I started with a regular monitor and a mini keyboard/mouse combo. I quickly got tired of not being able to touch the screen.
I think a 15" would be just as good, I just could not find one in-stock.

1 Like

I bought this one from amazon.ca. A forum member mentioned that a similar model worked very well. My second choice will be the Asus VT229H if the Kenowa proves to be a poor choice. I ordered an X-50 Woodwooker a few days ago.(https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/product/B0BNGZGNHJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

1 Like

I have the same. It’s easy on my aging eyesight.

1 Like

Do you have internet near your 1F? (a router or good WiFi)

I’m not sure why more users are not recommending an actual smart computer tablet?

Here’s a reply I posted last year.

Sometimes the best things come to fruition when you have an accident. The space is very tight in my small shop/shed, hence after the second time I knocked my “monitor” off its magnetic mount I needed to replace it. Note, it still worked but I cut my finger on the cracked glass. Instead of buying another dummy “touch screen monitor”, I replaced it with a computer tablet (MS Surface Pro). Having an actual dedicated tablet computer connected to my 1F and to my home network was/is a total game changer. No more usb sticks, all files in one place, no longer having to walk back to the house for a small or large design modification, and being able to design something else, read emails/texts, or buying materials online all while monitoring the 1F has been life changing. I know, NOT RECOMMENDED!, but everyone does something and most not right at the table.