Z-20 Braking Closed Loop Stepper Motor Noise

My machine is currently in transit to me, hopefully delivered early this coming week. Along with my Elite foreman, I added the Braking stepper motor to my order. I have been following a post on the Onefinity Facebook group and it shows a video with the braking motor making a really loud grinding noise. Multiple people made comments on the post saying they have experienced the same thing after installing their motors. Is this normal? I’m not trying to raise alarm, but I wanted to reach out to this group for a more official take on the situation so I can understand / set what my expectation should be for my own motor installation when I receive my unit.

Have others experienced a similar occurrence, or the opposite (a quiet motor) after install?

I just installed the brake motor on my Woodworker and it does make a little more noise while powered up and not moving then the previous motor, but I think it is normal, I would not call it real loud grinding by any stretch.
Pat

1 Like

Pat, thanks for the reply. That’s good to hear.

I don’t notice any difference with my braking motor. No grinding for sure.

1 Like

That’s good to hear. Hopefully it’s the minority of customers that have noisy motors. Thank you for replying.

I installed a braking motor in a brand new Elite Woodworker. It sounds exactly the same as the other motors on the machine to me. When the brake engages and releases on disable/enable there are audible clicks.

2 Likes

Rob, Thank you for the feedback, I’m glad to hear that is the case. It’s strange though (as I have been following the Facebook post) and multiple people have commented they have had a similar loud grinding noises. Hopefully it is an isolated issue to a small segment of owners.