Z axis not responding to remote control

My remote control in the Z axis will not move the router up and down. The remote controller will move the X&Y axis perfectly with no issues and I can move the Z axis up and down using the touchpad. It continues to give me an error code for the Z axis saying Caution - The current tool path file would move 4.6mm above axis limit with the current offset - when I home the machine it would not home the Z axis. I reset the Z axis to a piece of wood and drew in V carve a general square to see if possibly the toolpath g-code it might be in the monitor was messing it up. I donā€™t know if this is making any sense, but this is where I am.

1 Like

I have the same issue now. I bought a new joypad and it still will not work the z axis. It works fine from the screen, but not the joypad. Has anyone firgured out what the issue is and how to fix it?
immccurley@gmail.com

It was answered above:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. The information listed did not work, my controller is updated to V1.10 which is newer then the version listed above. I was asking if the issue listed has a fix. I have run a diagnostic on the control and it is functioning correctly. This controller worked for the past 6 months flawlessly, and now it will not move the Z axis. I tried another brand new controller, and it has the same issue. The Z axis works from the screen, and during operation, but will not work with the joypad. I was wondering if there was a fix, maybe I am overlooking. Thanks again for your time and help
Scott

Your issue is 1.1.0/1.1.1/1.1.2 firmware, which has bugs.

Return to 1.0.9 or skip to 1.2 beta

(you will need to flash the SD card to do so).

https://forum.onefinitycnc.com/t/firmware-1-2-beta-new/17612/10

1 Like

I flashed the SD with 1.2, and configured the control to match my CNC. And it works, thanks again for the help. Super happy

1 Like

Hello. Had this problem, solved this problem. Iā€™m going to include the advice video that solved my particular glitch at the end here. Spent an incredible amount of time ā€œre-flashingā€ the chip and trying to update the flash drive for the joystick (already had a higher version!) all to no avail: the lights would go around in circles then stop at the 2 left side sections. Z axis could not be moved. We believe we changed the ā€œmodesā€ (top 2 lit sections on the controller) by unknowingly holding down the on/off button for too long. All it takes is 6-7 seconds and it will change modes and not move something. After seeing this advice vid, I held the button down while the travel drive was in a computer AND THE LIGHTS CHANGED BACK TO THE TOP 2 MODES! If they go a different way than you want, just keep trying and it will cycle around. It now works exactly the way it should. I most sincerely hope this helps someone. BTW, I had no idea what re-flashing meant, but after watching another video, I found I had the correct chip reader to get the job done. I believe I did not need to do that and the simple process of holding down the power button would have solved the problem, but simple choices donā€™t always come first, do they? Hereā€™s the link: How To Change Modes On The Onefinity Joystick - YouTube

Hey Dale,

it would not have been necessary to search the web and visit Youtube and watch a video. Usually Reading the Fine Manual (or the FAQ in this case) before using a device is enough:

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like