Z-Axis position 15 mm is greater than maximum soft limit 0 mm

Hi,
I am trying to run my first nc program created using Fusion 360 (free version) and OneFinity Community Edition v202110.141 post processor. It is a simple design containing my initials and a border raised 3 mm. It has one 2d pocket, one 2d contour and one 2d adaptive clearing. This is just to test and learn. I ran the generated toolpath on 1F and immediately I get the error mentioned in the subject line. Being new to Fusion 360 and IF, I have no idea what it means, where it is coming from and how to avoid / resolve it. I know I did something stupid and need help figuring it out. The line that causes this error is the line: N40 G43 Z15 H1
Following is the first few lines of the program:
%
(1001)
(MACHINE)
( VENDOR KIRBRE ENTERPRISES INC)
( MODEL WOODWORKER)
( DESCRIPTION ONEFINITY COMMUNITY V43242.4)
(T1 D=3.175 CR=0 - ZMIN=-3 - FLAT END MILL)
N10 G90 G94 G17 G91.1
N15 G21
(WHEN USING FUSION 360 FOR PERSONAL USE, THE FEEDRATE OF)
(RAPID MOVES IS REDUCED TO MATCH THE FEEDRATE OF CUTTING)
(MOVES, WHICH CAN INCREASE MACHINING TIME. UNRESTRICTED RAPID)
(MOVES ARE AVAILABLE WITH A FUSION 360 SUBSCRIPTION.)
N20 G53 G0 Z0

(2D POCKET3)
(T1)
N25 S11999 M3
N30 G54
N35 G0 X63.526 Y50.319
N40 G43 Z15 H1
N45 G1 Z5 F1274.9
N50 Z2.817 F1275
N55 S12000

I did not change any of the speed and feed rate and used whatever Fusion 360 filled in with. I don’t know if it was good or bad. I used 1/8 flat end mill from the sample tool library.

Thanking you all in advance for any help.

kr

See if any of the information in this link helps…

separate each toolpath into their own files.

Thanks for the quick response.
I read the document and I think I am following the instructions. Here is what I did.
Turned on display
Turned on controller
Clicked on OK when it prompted me to Home. Machine moved to home position.
Jogged the machine close to the position, over the work piece, where I can use the probe to set the zero. Z-Axis shows -96 (mm).
Loaded the file. The controller parses the file and Execute icon is displayed.
I click on Execute icon and the same error displays again.
I have previously executed a Carbide Create program and didn’t encounter any error. This time the toolpath was generate using F360. So, what I am I missing here?

kr

Here is some additional info.
I deleted G-Codes that were loaded. Restarted the controller. Homed machine. All three axes show Homed and OK. I load the file. The controller parses the file and immediately Z-Axis shows OVER, even before I hit execute.
I am just puzzled and stuck.

kr

1 Like

You say you “homed the machine”.
But did you zero the Z Axis in accordance with your stock and plans (top vs bottom of stock).

Alex, o, In couldn’t. After the machine was homed and all axes showed Homed and OK, I jogged the machine close to the stock where I wanted to set the zero. Then I loaded the file. As soon as I load the file, the Z-Axis showed OVER and error pops up.
Can I set the zero before I load the toolpath? If that is the case, then I don’t know how to do it. If I remember it correctly, the first time I was only prompted to set the zero after I hit Execute / Run button. And, as I mentioned, the error pops up right after the toolpath is parsed and before I hit Run button.

Does any of this discussion help?

1 Like