Help an idiot :)

Hey guys… having some trouble and im new to all of this. Basically I am having perfect simulations in fusion 360 but when I post process and then check the NC code in a new NC Viewer (generic) there is only one command for the Z axis and that is set as F 1000 at the very beginning. From there obviously the Z axis doesnt move after pressing play. Im homing the thing with the onefinity probe… I think its something lost in translation from fusion 360? Maybe a weird setting I have on or a clicking the wrong box? Most of the cuts are trace cuts with just a few drill in the middle. Trying to offer as much info as I have. Please help and thank you!

If you open the .NC file in a text editor like notepad and try a “find” for the letter “z” it only appears once in the entire file?

Yes This is the begining of the code with the only adjustment N0 G90

N1 G01 X38.18 Y45.085 F1000

N2 Y-17.995

N3 X38.188 Y-18.228

N4 X38.211 Y-18.46

N5 X38.249 Y-18.69

N6 X38.301 Y-18.916

N7 X38.369 Y-19.139

Im currently assuming “F” is Z for some reason?

F = feed rate in machine units (can be set using the G20 (imperial) or G21 (metric)

Not that it is a cause of the Z issue, 1000 in/min is incredibly fast for a feed rate.

In your case above, the first line says “G1” which is a linear move to X38.18 Y45.085 at a F (feed rate) of 1000 in/min.

Each line after that is also a “G1” linear move with the same feed rate to a different set of X,Y coordinates.

1 Like

Ah ok. Well then no there is nothing with a Z in the file

Can you post a screen shot of the tool path from Fusion360?

Thanks for the all the help so far btw

If you select the operation you should see a toolpath like this:

Do you mean something like this?
Sorry still new to this

Thats one of the pickup holes on the pickguard

Under the setup click on one of your operations and it should show you the toolpath like this:

This is all I get when I do that

Right click “NCProgram1” and click edit, what does the Operations tab look like?

Example:

It might be easier to share your f360 file

Ok ill do that asap. Is this possibly to do with setting the fusion 360 system to use a “generic 2d” machine? Is it imperative that I set a machine to begin with?