3D model of Journeyman for table studies?

I am a Fusion user and want to do some modeling of table options. I have a Journeyman on order.

I am looking for a 3D model of the Journeyman that I can import into Fusion.

Since the machine appears to be scarce, it may not exist yet. I did see a model the other day where someone had created a rendering of a Onefinity in a CAD program.

A model of the Journeyman would be much appreciated.

Hi Alan - I don’t know of a model of the Journeyman yet. But the Journeyman is essentially the same as the Woodworker except 48" wide. You can use the Woodworker model (found elsewhere on the forums) and extend the width as required. Hope this helps.

-Tom

2 Likes

I am curious why no one has installed a Journeyman unit. There is only a short Youtube video about the Journeyman. Does anyone have a Journeyman unit?

The Journeyman is brand new so not many have been shipped out yet.

It is a new offering. It is a 4’ wide machine with the new 50 mm rail tubes on the X axis. I am not sure they’ve actually shipped any yet. The one I have on order is scheduled for shipment in mid-September.

There is something wrong with backorders, and taking all that money in. I could be drawing interest on my money, instead a service center making money and we don’t even have a product yet, only a promise . Even with the covid problem, more people putting the units together would be a good thing. I am a little apprehensive about the whole deal.
Does anyone know how many units are shipped per week?

John Gray, you can cipher it up here: https://www.onefinitycnc.com/pre-order-info

Now back to my question, does anyone have a model of the Journeyman?

1 Like

John - last I heard from OF, they were waiting for more beta units. But I have not heard from them in a number of weeks.

-Tom

WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT RECEIVING A JOURNEYMAN .
JUST WHAT IS A BETA UNIT?
WHY NO VIDEO, NO NOTHING ABOUT THE JOURNEYMAN.
WHY NO NEWS ABOUT SHIPPING ANYTHING.
WHAT IS THE LATEST ORDER NUMBER TO ROLL OUT, ANYBODY KNOW?
ANYONE HAD A TOUR OF THEIR MANUFACTURING PLANT TO SEE THE OPERATION?
I TRIED TO POST, AND THIS APPEARED
Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence

Hi @JJG Ill try to answer line by line for you.

1. Because nobody has received a Journeyman yet
  2. Beta units are preproduction versions meant to be made available for testing and feed back
  3. There is one video. Check YouTubeđź‘Ť
  4. The link required to check shipping times was made available by another comment. Read the comments and you can follow the link he so kindly provided.FYI shipping dates are based on order number, not model type.
  5. Refer to the link mentioned above
  6. I have not had the time to make the pilgrimage to Onefinity headquarters to tour the facility. I’ve heard ramblings of all kinds of “Wonka-esque” happenings there but so far those are only rumours. If they have Oompa Loompa’s that would be right on par with what I’d expect.
  7. Were you tying to post a reply or an .NC program? I am unclear to which you are referring but can be of assistance if needed.
1 Like

WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT RECEIVING A JOURNEYMAN .
they do not start shipping to customers until September.

JUST WHAT IS A BETA UNIT?
a preproduction unit that is used to test and promote an upcoming project. We have several.

WHY NO VIDEO, NO NOTHING ABOUT THE JOURNEYMAN.
There is one by a beta tester on YouTube. There are several on the Facebook group, and we show it on our YouTube channel.

WHY NO NEWS ABOUT SHIPPING ANYTHING.
at time of preorder, we stated they will not ship until September. It’s not September yet, so there is no new news about shipping.

WHAT IS THE LATEST ORDER NUMBER TO ROLL OUT, ANYBODY KNOW?
You can always check this at

ANYONE HAD A TOUR OF THEIR MANUFACTURING PLANT TO SEE THE OPERATION?
we’re an online business only with no store presents. We are not open to the public and do not offer tours. Several users close to our plant have picked up their machine locally.

I TRIED TO POST, AND THIS APPEARED “Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence”
We have no clue what this is in reference to.

4 Likes