Ability to control speed while cutting

Unless I just haven’t found this feature, it would be very helpful if the speed of the machine could be adjusted up and down to finetune the cutting while the machine is operating. Sometimes I feel like the bit is moving too slow or too fast but my only option is to stop, go back to Vcarve, make an adjustment, and re-output the file.

3 Likes

Are you talking about movement or cutting speed?

I’m talking about X/Y movement. Since I’m only using the router, I know I can control the bit speed anytime I want.

Jeff - it’s not currently available but it has been noted before as a desirable feature.

-Tom

I’m glad to hear that. I thought I’d seen a discussion about it a while ago but when I didn’t find the topic here I wasn’t sure. I came to Onefinity from Shapoko, using Carbide Make, and it was a very helpful feature to have - especially for someone learning.

It would be nice to adjust on the fly, but my problem is, in the g code it shows the plunge rate and feed rate like I have set up in my Aspire, but when transferred to the controller, it shows 90 as the feed, regardless of the file I uploaded

Your copy of Aspire is pirated and is causing your issues.

1 Like