After hitting stop twice, can I move?

Say I zero and run some gcode and then realize I ran the wrong code or in my case want to run the same code again but with updated speeds, I hit stop to stop the program and then stop again to exit. Delete the old gcode and open the new gcode. It won’t let me do anything unless I hit emergency stop or turn off the controller. I just want to be able to go back to my Zero positions without having to re-probe or home but it won’t let me. I can’t type anything into the MDI commands or hit the zero buttons. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have to start over?

Does the screen grey out and say “Disconnected” when this happens? It happened to me yesterday after I forgot to set the correct Z zero and the gcode program tripped the soft limit. Then I couldn’t do anything except e-stop the machine from the display, lose all my zeros, and then pack it in for the day.

Yes I believe so. I had to do the same and estop and lost all my zeros. I think I should’ve just hit pause then stop. I don’t know what stop twice does but it messes it up and disconnects the motors and you have to turn it off or hit estop and lose your zeros.