Any tips for a Vacuum and Hose purchase?

My Rigid shop vacuum’s hose isn’t long enough to reach all the way from the vac, up and over the router hose boom and back down to the router. While I realize it’s pretty simple to just buy a new (longer) hose, I want to have a dedicated vacuum for the CNC. Anyone care to share your current setup and if you have any tips to improve it? I assume the silly plastic hose that comes with most shop vacs isn’t ideal for this setup, so what hose are you using (and how long)?

1 Like

Hi Eric - I’ve been using a smaller shop vac with a dust deputy with my CNC for years without any issues. I don’t think the solution needs to be very complicated or extravagant.

-Tom

2 Likes

Thanks Tom - I tend to (way) overthink things. LOL

1 Like

Eric,

I’m with Tom, I use a 4.0 Peak HP Ridgid ($59) vac that has 2 of their hoses, first one goes to my 5-Gallon Bucket with a DustStopper and the second hose goes from there to the Suckit Boot using @RowdyRoman Vacuum hose arm… it works perfect and the filter in the Ridgid stays super clean. I’ve only had to clean it once in the past 4-months.

FYI, there are 2 Ridgid Shop Vac’s under there the front one is my small car vac… its just there for storage.

-Alex

4 Likes

Thanks Alex - I have the same Dustopper setup for my table saw and will go that route for the CNC as well. That orange hose - was that a direct fit with the Suck It dust boot and Dustopper, or are you using adapters? I was thinking that orange hose was a little smaller diameter connection.

1 Like

Eric,

It was 100% plug and play directly to the Dustopper and the Suckit boot. I did add one winding of black electrical tape around the end that goes into the SuckitDB to just make it super snug. It does work without that but when the machine moves around the fitting wobbles a bit and one winding makes it tight while still coming out easily with a slight tug.

Hope that helps!
-Alex

1 Like

Alex - is that a Wyze cam on the corner? Also, where did you get the orange hose from? Is that just stock from the vac? Mine has the ‘normal’ cheap black plastic stuff, which works, but yours looks more robust.

-Tom

1 Like

Tom,

Yes that is a Wyze camera there, just the normal one, not the Pan version. It gives me a great view of the entire bed and does not require the Controller for processing power.

As for the hose, its from Home Depot (They have them in stores as well as online) https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1-7-8-in-x-10-ft-Professional-Grade-Vacuum-Hose-Kit-for-RIDGID-Wet-Dry-Shop-Vacuums-VT2570/100375877

They are really good, very flexible especially with the OF… worth the $38 IMO and they last forever. The 2 I have, I’ve had for well over 10 years. The black one in the picture is the short 2’ one the DustStopper comes with.

-Alex

1 Like

Cool - thanks for the link. I have a Wyze cam but never considered using it until now! Great community here :slight_smile:

-Tom

2 Likes

Hey Alex,

Your setup looks awesome man. I am needing to look for that orange hose you have there that is the correct diameter to fit the Dustboot and long enough to reach my dust deputy which will be about where your vac is sitting currently. Any suggestions for buying this hose?

I wasn’t able to buy the Home Depot hose online or locally, so I ordered this on Amazon.

WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vacuum Accessories WS17823A Wet Dry Vacuum Hose, 1-7/8-Inch x 10-Feet Heavy Duty Contractor Wet Dry Vac Hose for Wet Dry Shop Vacuums https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FX34QEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_vlqVFbCH7KHGD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Hey Kyle, Thanks for the kind words! I had shared the link on the other thread on Vac’s

Here it is again: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1-7-8-in-x-10-ft-Pro-Grade-Locking-Vacuum-Hose-Kit-for-RIDGID-Wet-Dry-Shop-Vacuums-LA2570/305626336

-Alex

1 Like