Broken dust boot

the suck-it dust boot works great for my project butā€¦it has already broke. is there a better replacement? Something more heavy duty?
This may sound like a little problem but the 1F creates a lot of dust and chips and running the machine without a dust boot is a big mess.
If your experience shows the ā€œsuck-itā€ is the best option so be it but if you have found a dust boot that works better please post it.

OF does offer a new dust boot that has the hose in the back. Not sure if it is more robust or not. Just curious, what broke exactly? Iā€™ve abused mine and it is holding up well.

-Tom

It broke on the side where the magnets connect to the dust boot

I made a similar mistake in one of my first milling projects :cry:

1F offers spare shoes, SVGs for the shields but if you broke the side arms (I did) your options are instant glue, ordering a full kit or designing and milling your own replacementā€¦

I had started designing replacements side arms when then they released the infinite dust collection (which seems to have disappeared from the storeā€¦) so I eventually got brand new side armsā€¦

Let me know if youā€™d like me to share the draft project (Fusion 360 for 12mm Delrin). Warning: itā€™s close to final but not 100% tested yet.

2 Likes

Ben - hereā€™s the direct link - https://www.onefinitycnc.com/product-page/copy-of-onefinity-suckit-dust-boot-pro (love that URL ;))

Thatā€™s what I was mentioning.

Yes, that the one! For some reason, it was not showing up on the store yesterday (or I did not look close enough)

@ben mind sending me that fusion file? Had an accident and need to make some new arms.

Here is it. As I said, it probably will need some polishing as I eventually ordered the new dust collection and so I did not need to cut. Please post the improved version, if you have a chance.

The small part on the side is a guide to:

• cut the rebate on the underside. It should leave just enough of the arm that you can make the rebate, e.g. with a file
  • drill the hole through the arm where the screw passes through

Lateral Arm 1F.f3d (254.1 KB)