Can someone measure their Elite Foreman Feet for me?

I am hoping someone can measure the distance in X and Y between the feet. Inside or outside, just need to specify which one you measured, whatever is easier. I am looking to build my table before the machine arrives, and am hoping to secure the feet really well, so want to setup my frame such that I can add support for the feet under the plywood top. However without knowing where the feet are, it’s a lot harder.

As has been noted in other discussions, there is little in the way of reliable information on the locations of the elite forman feet relative to one another.

Here is a diagram of the foot

The manual gives overall dimensions of the machine, but no indication of dimensions for the foot locations

Here is a forum thread where it might be +16 inches over the woodworker dimensions?

~ 58 3/8 x 60 1/6 are the outside measurements of the feet

Hey litany,

the Foreman’s width on the feet is identical to Journeyman’s. The Foreman’s depth is 16" more than Journeyman’s. Journeyman’s depth is identical to Wooworker depth. Footprints of Original/PRO Series machines are identical to Elite Series machines. The difference in space you need is in length of different stepper motors protruding the feet, and the depth of drag chains (see “Space to reserve around the machine” below), but there is no difference at the feet’s bases.

Here is a quoting of a post with Journeyman dimensions. Subtract 16" of width to get Woodworker footprint, add 16" to depth the get Foreman footprint.

See also:

It contains a diagram of the Foreman QCW frame:

The Foreman’s Y feet are taller as on Journeyman and Woodworker, as it has 50 mm rails instead of 35 mm rails on the Y axes. Journeyman and Woodworker have 35 mm rails on Y axes. See here for an image of the difference between 35 mm and 50 mm axes.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!

PS: It is also wise to to provide an opening on the underside of the table top or anti-torsion box to access the screw the farthest away from the stepper motor that loosens the front end cap of the lower tube with a 3 mm hex key to service the inner wire and the connector or the be able to replace the stepper motor. If you don’t have such a service hole in your table, you’ll have to disassemble the entire machine to access the inner tube motor wire :frowning:

Remove_screw_farthest_away_from_the_motor_on_bottom_of_front_foot_
Support: How to Access the inner tube motor wire – Youtube

2 Likes