Can we enjoy with the OF when one is a European woodworker or machinist?

hi at all.
i am also thinking about to order a x-50 journeyman.
so i hope someone could help me about the question about Zoll etc

Hat jemand aus Deutschland schon eine bestellt und kann mir hierzu mehr sagen?
Does somebody from Germay still order a machine and can help me to find out the right way.

Welcome to the forum Frank. Most of the info you are seeking will be
in this topic.
Onefinity Woodworker - Germany

Cheers,

Neil

1 Like

Hi there,
This is my first post on this forum. I am about to buy an OF. I am interested in this subject on sending to Europe, I am in France.
I would be delighted to be able to discuss with a Frenchman concerning his acquisition of an OF.
Best regards

1 Like

Hey Dreyau,

are you more interested in discussing in French or just to know what the import costs are to the EU? I live in Germany and since the machines come from Canada, and between the EU and Canada the CETA agreement applies, I only had to pay the German VAT (19%). DHL Express still took about 60 EUR for the customs clearance process.

What was steep was the DHL Express shipping cost of 650 EUR for a Journeyman with QCW frame.

Onefinity states here that the HS Code for their CNC machine is 8458190090. There is no entry for this on the TARIC database of EU commision available here but 8458190000 shows 0% import duty for Canada (thanks to CETA). If the machine came from the USA, third country duty 2.7% is displayed (because TTIP has never come into force).

The shipment consisted of four packages (weight and dimensions described here)

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Thank’s a lot for your answer. I’m not sure I understand everything. The (VAT) in France is 20%. Should I pay it in addition to the transport cost of 650€? :face_with_monocle:

You can buy a 4 and a 6mm collet for the Makita Router.
I run my machine in the metric system, bits too, all programs, and all CAD. I buy USA bits and they are labeled 3.175, 6.35mm etc…

I do not see a problem. You might have to pay import tax (Mehrwertsteuer), yes, but you would have to pay that on any CNC. It’s such a great machine for the price.

2 Likes

Hey Dreyau,

yes exactly. When the shipment tracking showed the packages were in Germany, we got an E-Mail from DHL Express (to the E-Mail address that you specified in the ordering process) with a payment request for the Import VAT. It was a link to a web page where you could use different payment methods. After we paid, the packages were delivered. DHL Express does the customs clearance process for you and adds a small fee for this service. At least this is how it was done in Germany.

Hey Aiph5u,
Naively, I hadn’t included that in the equation.
It is the price to pay to import this machine which seems to be better than these competitors. Does your experience with the machine confirm it?
Before I make mi choice, I was looking the german Stepcraft. Hard to make my decision but the reputation and the “no PC needs” made me lean towards OF.

Hi,

I can confirm all details that Aiph5u described concerning the import to EU. Count with your local VAT % in addition to your purchasing price from Canada, plus transport cost, plus fee for customs clearance, plus eventually the customs % on whole invoice or on specific parts only (depends on description on the invoice - Country Of Origin - on my invoice in 2021 the shipping was from Canada but the items had COO USA, means I had to pay the customs 2.7% on top, the CETA agreement could not be applied in such case despite it was written on the invoice).

But still the value for money is great and I am happy I bought it.

Cheers, Josef

COO

Hi Tom,

thanks for your comments. Yes, I do have the 4 and 6mm collets and use different bits from US and Europe, no problems.

And you are right, taxes are on all machines and I am also happy with the OF, great value for money.

Josef

1 Like

Hey Tom,

ANY Makita hand trim router sold outside the U.S. has 6 and 8 mm collet.

1 Like