CNC platform / table / enclosure

Thanks a TON Josh!!! :beers:

DM me if you need measurements on those plugs

1 Like

Hey all, If anyone is interested in wire extensions please let us know and we can get some made. Talk soon…

10 Likes

@Mark

That would be awesome, if you could make like 2’ and 3’ extensions it would help group of folks who want the controller a bit farther from the intended location.

I’d rather not hack my new wires apart if at all possible!!

Talk soon,
Alex

5 Likes

@Mark

Mark, another example of the great customer support you are providing! Thank you!

3 Likes

Ok, cool… Please send an email to Jenn at info@onefinitycnc.com and she’ll get them made. I’ve already shown the production team how to make them… talk soon.

5 Likes

Table is complete, just need to add wheels to my drawer stack and round over the fold out legs (Cosmetic only). Came out great and the machine works perfect on the platform. Have my SuckIt dust boot and @RowdyRoman Extension Arm +a few Mods I added and its looking rock solid!

Need a bit of cable management and a few extension plugs but nothing a bit of time can’t solve

13 Likes

Great set-up!! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

what was your over dimensions for the top?

1 Like

46½" Deep x 46¼ Wide

Legs are 46½ apart which gives ⅛ on each side for pivot

1 Like

This looks amazing! So the monitor on the wall is just there as a display and you using the keyboard / trackpad to punch in the commands and such?

1 Like

Thank you Allen!

Its actually a full computer, there is an Intel NUC behind the Monitor that I used to run my X-Carve off of. So now I’m using it to pull up the remote IP controlled screen so the OF monitor shows my Webcam and the main monitor shows the Controller screen which now has a Mouse and Keyboard (as well as the full power of a PC for browsing, editing etc.)

My T-Track comes Tuesday and I’ll wrap up my clamp down/wasteboard plan and then I’ll kick off its maiden Carve!!!

-Alex

It’s a great idea to have a computer local to the CNC. Hope you don’t mind the 20 questions LOL, but are you pulling up to webcam through the onefinity controller? In other words does the onefinity controller display have the ability to show only the webcam instead of the interface screen? I really like the idea of a large screen to see from across the shop, and I thought about getting a touch screen monitor. I wasn’t sure how the webcam worked with the interface software.

Thanks!

1 Like

So the OF controller does have a small window at the top right (next to the digital E–Stop) that shows the Webcam view all the time when one is present. If you click on it then it will make it “large” (not full screen, but close) So what I think I will do is pull that up in large mode then have the PC show the controller screen for working.

Saying that the controller view also has that small webcam view that you can click too when remote viewing… so I could have the webcam showing on both if I had a need.

Does that help? Once you get your machine of course a lot of this stuff will make a lot more sense in person.

-Alex

1 Like

If building an enclosure what are the minimum dimensions you would recommend with the over hang for the dust boot and motor?

2 Likes

The maximum carve is still 32" x 32" so if you make a wasteboard bigger than that you are going to have issues, as you wont be able to mill it flat.

1 Like

Yep, that makes sense. I know I need the machine in-hand to get a feel for everything, but I’m anxious to learn as much as I can until…gulp December :laughing:

Nicely done!!
When you pivot vertical - does the Boom stay in place or does it count on gravity to keep it all together? Am hoping it will stay- and even work - when the machine is vertical.

1 Like

It stays put where you left it.

Well it’s done not my best work but it’s a start.
Used what I had on hand old shop desk will be used for all the bits and accessories and can be pulled out to use for other jobs as well.

4 Likes