Cnc Table Hindsight 20/20

Hey @Techrise - I have couple things I’d like to change.

First, providing more space around the machine - I’m constantly laying things down around the machine and they have gotten jammed up in the mechanics. Maybe perhaps I need to stop leaving tools laying around, but until I can modify my behavior more room would be good.

Second, I don’t have an enclosure and I’m constantly fighting chips and dust everywhere. Though I never intended to have an enclosure, I am reconsidering the need.

To that end, I really wish I could walk around my machine. I only have access from the front and leaning over to get to the back of the machine (clamps, clean, etc.) is quite the pain in the ***.

Other than that, I which my waste board had a combination of t-track and either dog holes or threaded inserts. I’ve found the t-track clamps are simply too tall for most purposes. Even the shorter ones get in the way. Example, I just ran dust shoe into a clamp on Saturday, it came off the magnets and rammed into the bit, destroying the center insert as well as ripping out the threaded insert that holds the insert into place. It was a spectacular moment that could have completely been avoided with lower profile clamps. YMMV.

Hope this helps.

-Tom

5 Likes