CAD models of the machines

Hey Jan,

you say “centimeters matter” and I can understand you can have such a situation in your workshop. But wouldn’t it be better to reserve more space for future modifications? Already the spindle drop problem on the new Z-20 assembly found on Elite machines leads to people seeing the need to retrofit stepper motors with brake or balancer springs. But also the fact that the stock Elite drag chains are not sufficient, neither for retrofitting anything at all, but not even sufficient for the promoted spindle option hoses and cables would suggest not trying to fit it with the least possible centimeter.

I think you should consider space to reserve around the machine, which means,
besides

you could also come to the idea to retrofit an enclosure later, because on a CNC router, you not only have wood dust and flying chips, but what about a bit broken, with a bit debris flying around? That’s why…

I find this enclosure concept rather mature, see also here and here for its integrated dust outlet. I would make it dust-tight and isolated against noise. What this enclosure takes into account and what I find important, is what @cyberreefguru stated in Cnc Table Hindsight 20/20:

However I don’t believe Onefinity will provide exact 3D models of their machines. All official drawings up to now have been somewhat incomplete. I hope the links (including the links to the official dimensions) I provided above with dimensions will help you the much possible.

1 Like