Commission a 3D Model?

Is there anyone here interested in a commission to create an .stl of something similar to this? Are there services that do this sort of thing? Thanks!

Jim

Do you have dimensions?

Hi Bill, Yes I do. Let me put that together for you and get back.

Thanks!

Jim

Happy to support this also, @Webb if @bwcherry hasn’t already? I could also provide a Fusion 360 file with design history if it would be useful for learning purposes.

1 Like

Wow, you guys - thanks so MUCH! Attached is a crude 2D .DXF I made in Visio. Whoever has time … Just let me know what I owe you. Jace, I particularly appreciate your offer of the design history. Learning new things keeps us all from early graves.
Plinth Block.dxf (22.0 KB)

Regards,

Jim

1 Like

Good stuff, Jim. Do you use fusion already?

@Webb I have a model ready. I’ll DM you now. If you let me know what tools you’re using to cut this, I can update the file quickly to reflect them. Or you can modify it pretty easily if you have Fusion360.

1 Like

I do not. It has always seemed overwhelming - even to an adventurous guy. With a friendly push from a kind soul, who knows. The monster under the bed might turn out to be a dust kitty. I’ll download Fusion today.

Jim

There are lots of us here on the forums who are Fusion wizards. Don’t be shy about asking for help!

2 Likes

To Jace - Thank you so much. It came out perfectly on the first try. I could not have asked for more. I imagine the design history is in the Fusion file you attached. I will open that file and “commence to figerin’.” (Name that American 1960’s TV show!)

To Nick and Bill - Thank you for jumping in so quickly to offer help. This is quite the community, and people like you make it so!

Regards,

Jim

4 Likes