Control Makita Speed with Gcode

Hello all, just took the CNC plunge and looking forward to the journey :-).
This is my first post and I am a newbie to the CNC Router. I was looking around to see if any hacks were available to control a router speed with Gcode and I am not seeing anything in the forums about this.
Has anyone made this change and/or can speak to the experience of using a SuperPID kit?

It certainly sounds doable and it would be interesting to see one applied to a 1F/Makita. For me though, I’d probably put the money toward an actual spindle, especially considering a router’s life expectancy.

2 Likes

That does make sense. What is the life expectancy of a router in this line of work…

I have been running a super-pid on a DeWalt router for a couple of years. works great. I am about to install and setup a 1F Journeyman with the super-pid on the Makita router. I’ll post results when completed. BTW the Super-PID is a great product and works very well…

1 Like

On my previous CNC (before OneFinity), I had a spindle on it for over 8 years. It is still running strong.

I agree. I would not want to put my money, time and effort in improving a router, especially in regards to how loud and unreliable it is, though the main point for me is the fire hazard of a router.

It’s really not worth taking the risk of burning down my house.

Spindle is the way to go, especially with the plug an play version PWNCNC offers.

Especially you go for the 65mm 110V air-cooled version there is virtually no work involved installing it, and it is way better than any router.

If you think that you will probably have to replace the Makita anyway more than once I would probably put that $155 plus tax plus shipping towards the spindle, long therm it will pay off.