Controller sending wrong toolpath

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I am connected via wifi with my laptop and use it to send my toolpaths to the machine. Almost everytime I send a program, it calls up a previous one from another project I did previously. Not necessarily the most recent one either. I have to reselect the toolpath I need one or two more times before it finally registers. Any advice would be appreciated. I know it exists so I watch to make sure the correct one is displayed before I hit start but I have been caught a couple times when I was in a hurry.

I load all my files from my laptop in the shop via Wifi as well.

My solution is to delete old toolpaths and start fresh with new ones. That way I don’t choose an old one by mistake. I have learned that the hard way on my 3D printer as well after choosing the wrong file to print.

2 Likes

Same workflow here; I always clear down the controller file list. Especially as names tend to be a variant on a theme.

Also if I have several paths for the same job, and are therefore all loaded, I start their names with OP1, OP2…

1 Like

Yes, What Andy Said.

Clear them out of the controller itself? I need to keep all my programs on my laptop for repeats when necessary. Also, can I clear them off of the controller from my laptop, or does it have to be done on the actual 1F display?

Yes, clear them off the controller.

Yes, you can do so from the web interface to the controller on your laptop. You can also do it on the 1F display, either way is okay and gets the same result.

1 Like

Thank you very much :+1: