Did my stepper motor just die?

What I thought was a bad stepper motor or driver, turns out the ball-nut on the right ‘Y’ rail is VERY difficult to turn. I disassembled the rail and removed the ball-nut. It is loaded with ball-bearings. I recaptured 30 of the bearings, not sure how many are supposed to be in the assembly. The ball nut was PACKED with sawdust and combined with oil, it was a seized up mess. I contacted support and a solution has not been reached. I have about 8 hours on it now and my patience is wearing thin. I had to remove the Y rail, suspend it from the ceiling in the shop and after extensive cleaning of the ball nut assembly, try and reload the ball bearings. I asked support if they knew how many bearings are supposed to be in the ball nut and they didn’t know. The trim ring was not seated and this may have allowed the saw-dust to enter causing the original log-jam inside the but. I reassembled the nut with the 30 bearings but it still barely turns. I am trying to stay cool but I need some assistance from OF. I received the machine in April I believe so it’s well within warranty. Any one have any input? I think the only fix at this point is for them to send me a new ball nut/screw assembly. Thanks - Charlie