Dwell or Pause GCode G04P…

Hi Guys,

Ive been trying to simplify inserting the G04 Gcode to let the spindle have some time to rev up to target RPM before it starts cutting.

So far I do manually insert the G04 code by editing the saved Gcode in Notepad. That works, I was wondering if anybody has idea how that can be Generated automatically so I dont need to edit every time I have adjustments or update on my design CAD.

TIA

Im using CC free edition for CAD CAM.

Hey all, I have this same problem with my PwnCNC spindle and I see no replies here. As Ricky says, we can alter the Gcode manually but it there a way to have this inserted into the code automatically? I’m thinking maybe something on the 1F end and not the CAD but I’m using Fusion 360 if it would be better done on the CAD side.

Customer Support at PwnCNC tried to help me get it to spin up faster but it didn’t work.

Thanks!!

@jfleser check the fusion community version in the Fusion 360 section

1 Like

I’m not sure if this will work but you could trying adding P4 G5 to the “On Tool Change” section of the Setup page. I’ve added this into my CAM end of things (RhinoCAM) and it works fine.

P4 is the dwell (pause) command and the G5 pauses for 5 seconds.

1 Like

Hey Ghislain, oh wow! This looks very interesting. I want to make sure I understand this correctly. This Fusion Community Version is a custom post-processor created by the smart folks here that I would load into my Fusion 360 (using the Woodworker version cuz I have an X-50) following your excellent instructions. Once done, when I do a “Post Process” the export options I will see will have these new added elements including the spindle pause. And it will work with 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 and newer firmware versions.

Do I have that right? Lots of folks here using this Community Version and happy with it??

Thanks a bunch!!! This looks perfect and not too complicated.

@jfleser All the new feature will appear in the NC program options. You will have to edit each NC program once. Regarding newer version. Edited (From time to time (when necessary) I have to update and release version to follow autodesk core and publication.)

1 Like