Elite axis problems (solved, loose motor wire connection)

Started up my Masso this morning, hit the e-Stop and then home. The gantry didn’t move in the “Y” direction and gave me an error. After some tinkering, I removed the cover from the right “Y” motor and found the connectors had come loose. Pushed then back into place and everything was fine.
Don’t know if it was loose from the factory or it just vibrated loose. If anyone else comes across this problem, check those connections.

My Z axis power cable clip came loose as well. Thankfully I was only doing trial runs on a test piece for feed and speed setup. Had X & Z alarms, couldn’t clear the Z so I powered off. Noticed no power to the Z and couldn’t clear e-stop alarm on Z. I took off the cover and saw that the red & black cable clip had come off. Put it back and everything was fine.

I just upgraded my journeyman to the elite series. I went through the entire setup, all was well, then the moment of truth… i hit the power button, it started up right away, but on the start screen the e-stop was flashing yellow not red. I released the e-stop and it was still flashing yellow. So I hit the e-stop still flashing yellow. Released the e-stop, still flashing yellow. No movement whatsoever. Nothing in the x,y, or z axis. i can go through all the pages of the controller, switch between continuous and step mode, but nothing moves. I can’t see it being a loose wire if all axis are not responding. Any ideas as to what it could be?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Frank

If estop isn’t registering, usually one of the motors power wires isn’t connected well if it all (big black or red wires)

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll check that today.