Forum User's FAQ (Test Mode)

Hey Tom, hey @AndyP, hey all,

Yes, I think this is very, very important. If you Andy are capturing possible entries, what if you looked at every incoming post, or after an issue is solved, you just try to decide about the category and subcategory this post would belong to. I do not mean capturing all these, but just having a thought on where they would belong to, and then add a subcategory to a draft of categories with a tree structure. This way we could gain a hierarchy tree for the topics.

Yes, that’s what we always do, and the FAQ would try to do this automatically.

I find it is very important to achieve a high density of hyperinformation and of further reading inside every answer.

I would suggest a bunch of criteria that would ensure a high quality:

1. General validity: An answer should contain information that is generally applicable.
  2. Density: An answer shouldn’t be longer than necessary and should contain dense information.
  3. Good readability: An answer should use simple language that is easy to follow.
  4. Neutrality: If there is any controversy on answers, it should be integrated.
  5. Every technical term should be a link to the explanation of what it is.
    E.g. Drag chain, End mill, VFD, Universal Motor, carbon-brush commutator, Asynchronous Motor, …
  6. Every acronym and every abbreviation should be a link to its explanation.
    E.g. SSR, RCD, …
  7. Every fact should contain a link to a reference, or to a further reading.
    E.g. If you don’t like touch screens, you can connect a mouse to your Onefinity Controller.
  8. Within the text of an answer, there should be links like “as is explained here
  9. Every answer could contain a list of links to topics where the issue has been discussed here very deeply or with much information.
    E.g.
    Spindle information
    Air cooled spindle?
    Router vs spindle
1 Like