Fusion 360 - Warning in Simulation Killing Carve

Hoping I can get a Fusion GURU that might be able to figure this out. I have a file that I’ve created and successfully run a few times on the OF. However I ran it Saturday and it got 70% done then went to the burn can quickly.

When I simulate the final assembly it gets 70% done and it freezes (below is the error log) . If I click play it continues along and all is well for the rest of the simulation. It appears to be just a warning but that is the spot in the carve when the machine jumped to a totally different spot and things went downhill, so I think if I can correct that spot it will work again. I appreciate any/all help on this!

-Alex

ERROR LOG:
Feature flags: metrology-survey setup-sheet-viewer
Generation completed successfully in 1.5s.

Invalidated: Tool
Invalidated: Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedCutting’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedPerTooth’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedEntry’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedExit’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedRamp’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedPlunge’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedPerRevolution’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘otherWayFeedrate’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘noEngagementFeedrate’ with level 2.

Invalidated: Tool

Invalidated:
Invalidated: Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedCutting’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedPerTooth’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedEntry’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedExit’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedRamp’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedPlunge’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘tool_feedPerRevolution’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘otherWayFeedrate’ with level 2.
Invalidation due to different value for parameter ‘noEngagementFeedrate’ with level 2.

Alex, any chance there was a controller update since the last time you ran this job? Is the 70% error something new in F360 since the last time you ran the job?

Hello Bill,

Yes the last time I ran the job was on 1.8 and now I’m on 1.9 which is why I decided to reexport from Fusion. I got that warning as well the last time I created the file but the carve seemed to run correctly even with the warning. However, now it throws the machine off. It’s the only thing I can see that would be causing the error so I think if I can fix whatever is causing the level 2 issue it should run flawless.

-Alex

Well, I sincerely wish I could offer more input as to the error you’re getting, but both are outside my area of expertise since I use different software/controller. I guess all I can offer are my best wishes for good luck, and hope a F360 guru can shed more light!

1 Like

Thanks Bill, Yes this is 100% a Fusion 360 thing not a OF deal.

Alex

1 Like

Google University seems to point to an issue within the configuration settings of F360, can you open the file on F360 on another computer to see if the error persists?

1 Like

I’m by no means a Fusion expert, but maybe try regenerating the toolpaths and then try the simulation again and see if it pops the error.

1 Like

I’ll try that tonight after work I have Fusion on my laptop as well so I’ll give that a try.

Alex

Hey Jeremy,

I’ll give that a try this evening as well.

Alex

Okay I tried a new laptop and same issue. I also updated both the Post Processor & latest Machine File from the GitHub and refreshed everything including running a new simulation. It looks like the issue may here. The design shows the cut edge being smooth but when I click on the pocketing for the deck face it shows the bit gouging outside the parameters.

This is what it shows on the Setup view:

When I click on the [T1] Peg Insert Clearance step it shows this odd gouge outside the planned path.

Any help would be appreciated!
-Alex

Have you tried clearing the contour selection for the pocket and reselecting it?

Derek,

Not sure what you mean by clearing and reselecting it… what should I do/where?

Thanks for your help!
Alex

In the properties of the pocket toolpath on the geometry tab clear out the Pocket Selection and reselect it.

Check out this post from the Fusion 360 forum as it may shed some light on the problem.

The solution seems to have been that he waited and logged into his machine when he got home and it just worked. There does not appear (at least from what I’m reading) to have been a fix proposed just seemed to auto correct itself. This has been going on for a few weeks time does not seem to be the solution unfortunately.

Alex

I went in this morning and removed the 3 selections then readded them and it does not seem to have resolved the issue unfortunately.

-Alex

Fusion can be very frustrating at times. Just having enough differences between the free version and full featured one can create issues when trying to have someone explain something. The free version went through an upgrade recently. The splash screen as it boots up is different now. Did the version you are using also get an update? If so did it work before and not after? I’ve noticed that my Fusion 360 NC files I now create don’t work well with CAMotics.

1 Like

Yes my Free version did get the update the other day. I had a PM conversation with Derek and he gave me some suggestions which seem to maybe have fixed. I changed one of the cuts to a Plunge vs spiral and saved it again… going to run a test on a pine blank tonight and see if that worked.

I’ll keep everyone posted, thanks for all the help thus far!
-Alex

Alex,
I full version of Fusion if you want me to look at it.

Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert.

Thanks John,

I was just able to get a successful carve with the changes I made to the “Linking”, Ramp to “Plunge” and it seems to work. However the tool path is much more inefficient now as it picks up and sets down after ever few inches of carve. I’m going to play with that tomorrow again.

Also: DOES ANYONE KNOW: In the Free Hobby version, are the feed rates limited at all I adjusted the up/down and feed rates up significantly and it does not seem to translate over to the carve.

Thanks again everyone for the help, I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. :slight_smile:
-Alex