Fusion360 Syntax Error

I also see now that id do have the buildbotic.cps in the posts folder as well but for some reason it doesn’t even show up in my dropdown in Fusion. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think buildbotics 4 axis pp doesn’t mean rotary, just 4 motors, ie: z, x, y1 and y2…hence ‘4’ axis.

I thought about using the general code but wasn’t not sure. I am so new to CNC it intimidates me. I can fix a $26 million helicopter but a $3000 electronic wood cutting robot intimidates me. Go figure. I will try. Going to make a sample cut after I get my wasteboard set up today.

Thank you for your time and information.

R/
Will

1 Like

So I will not write up the manual at this point like I did with the Lightburn but I followed this and it was awesome to learn how to use the machine with Fusion360. https://youtu.be/iqnvzxuXFTQ The Fusion360 file I made and used is here https://a360.co/350Bu9y. Not sure what this will look like on your end but let me know if this helps.

1 Like

@OnefinityCNC - I did a short video showing how to add a post processor to Fusion. It is Mac centric, but should be easily transportable to Windows. Unpublished right now, but accessible to those with the link. I might publish it later when I clear my queue.

If anyone has questions - let me know.

-Tom

2 Likes

Thanks Tom. I am a Mac guy so this will help out. Running a CNC file right now. That is taking forever.

Will let you know. Running a file right now but will look at it later.

Tom, awesome video and thank you for making it. I now know what to do and explains why it was not working for me. I was doing it all wrong.

No problem. Once I get my machine, I plan on doing more videos. Though all the ‘good’ topics might be overdone by that point :wink:

-Tom

Make them anyway because you make provide the same information but in a different way that will connect. I know it did for me.

Thanks William - appreciate the input!

-Tom

You are welcome. BTW all my friends call e Will or Canvas.

1 Like