How to manage hose with PWN dust boot

I bought the “Infinite Dust Collection” package which includes both Suckit and PWN dust boots. Well the life of my Suckit dust boot has become decidedly finite. Totally user error but I’ve glued it back together too many times I’m going to pitch it. So…I started looking at the PWN dust boot that came with the package. The thing I don’t understand is how you manage your dust collection hose with this system. It seems like it would be very difficult to keep it out of the way when you are doing large carves. Is there a boom design that people have used successfully? I’d appreciate any help.

1 Like

For the hose I have a hook on my ceiling and I hang a cord from the hook around my hose to suspend it. Works well

1 Like

I have mine on a swiveled boom made of PVC pipe. Not an overly sophisticated design but works great.

2 Likes

For the PWN boot, I stick a 90 degree dust elbow into the back of it, such that the hose exits directly upward. Then hose management is essentially the same as with the Suckit boot. So far, I’ve just been hanging the hose from the ceiling via a short tether. That’s been working well for me.

1 Like

Thanks. Can you send a pic?

I like that idea, thanks.

Do you have a pic? thanks

1 Like

Here is my Etsy listing. This is the product by itself or you can buy the infinite hose boom that includes everything you need for both dust boots onefinity has to offer

1 Like

Sorry garage is a mess, but here’s picture of PVC boom.

2 Likes

I understand you on that. I changed up whole system. I got a different one off Etsy.

I may be late to respond but I designed and printed a bracket to stabilize the extraction hose.

I went through several iterations and replaced the stepper motor bolts with slightly longer versions but it works great. I’ll try to get it onto Thingiverse if folks are interested.

3 Likes