If you were to buy a new monitor…

@Awokenwood69 , I got the QCW frame because I wasn’t confident I could roll the bench around and keep the work surface coplanar to the router. My garage floor isn’t flat, and the bench can twist a bit as I roll it around. Because the QCW got delayed, I built it a few months before the QCW arrived. My thinking was that the QCW surface would be guaranteed to stay both flat and coplanar to the 1Fs X/Y plane. (I don’t have a table saw, so no torsion box for me.) You can’t see in the pic, but the top is just a frame - there is no complete top. It’s open under the QCW (which probably adds to the lack of rigidity…).

I haven’t yet had to swap out the sacrificial surface so I don’t know how easy it will be to tilt the QCW up. I know how to do it in principle, and the QCW comes with some “stands” to hold the frame in a tilted position. Unfortunately, I don’t think they’ll work for me because they assume the frame is sitting on a table top which I don’t have. I’m hoping, with my open frame under the QCW, I can just replace the boards without having to tilt it. We’ll see.

The white melamine surface you see there is all scrap from a friends demolished pantry and, so far, it seems to be close enough to flat and coplanar for my purposes without me having to run a surfacing bit over it. So that’s cool. Prior to the QCW, I had some scrap wood screwed across the frame, and it definitely was not coplanar…

Anyway, so far I’m pleased with the QCW for what I wanted it to do. My biggest annoyance to date is that I’d bought a bunch of 5/16 T-slot bolts, only to find that they didn’t fit the slots.